How to make 6 different rainwater collection systems! PLUS how to make an easy $4 direct irrigation system!
This one is for all of you urban homesteaders out there. I found this handy little diy on Pinterest! I hope it come of use to you guys! I appreciate any support I can get for my cause!
Grow your own Quinoa
There are a number of problems with the way that Western consumers have been purchasing quinoa, and the effect this has had on indigenous diets in Bolivia: if you want to consume this nutritious food, but do so in an ethical way, consider growing it yourself! It is beautiful, and incredibly nutritious, high in protein, iron, and calcium, as well as gluten-free. You can bolster your seed supply every year by saving a larger portion of your harvest, making this a one-time purchase.
- 250 Heirloom Red Quinoa Seeds for $7.99 USD
- 250 Heirloom White Quinoa Seeds for $7.99 USD
- 250 Heirloom Black Quinoa Seeds for $7.99 USD
- Cherry Vanilla Inca Wheat, 100 Seeds for $2.99 USD
- Organic Brightest Brilliant Rainbow Quinoa Seeds, 500mg (not currently in stock)
West Coast Seeds has:
- Brightest Brilliant Organic from $4.29 CAD
- Organic French Vanilla from $4.29 CAD
- Red Head from $4.29 CAD
- Red Headed Quinoa Organic Heirloom Seeds for $1.95 USD
- Rainbow Quinoa 1.5 g - lots of tiny seed £2.09 GBP
- 'Temuco' Quinoa 1.5g - lots of tiny seed £1.95 GBP
- Organic Quinoa Bright Rainbow Seeds for $0.85 USD
Botanical Interests has:
CorgiBlooms on Etsy has:
- Heirloom Rainbow Quinoa, 20 seeds for $2.26 CAD
Seeds of Diversity has a list of Canadian Sellers, sorted by variety:
- Black: Mumm’s Sprouting Seeds
- Brightest Brilliant: Mountain Seed Company, West Coast Seeds Ltd.
- Dave 407: Prairie Garden Seeds
- HI-Yield: Salt Spring Seeds
- Multi-hued: Full Circle Seeds, Salt Spring Seeds, Seeds of Victoria , Sunshine Farm
- Rainbow: Solana Seeds
- Red: Mumm’s Sprouting Seeds, Salt Spring Seeds
- Temuco: Prairie Garden Seeds
- White: Mumm’s Sprouting Seeds
I hope you will consider growing and saving your own quinoa seeds this year!
Photo: Sergio Photo
And it’s such a lovely plant!
We are attempting to grow our own this year. It’s such a great plant.
via Win-Win Farm
Another example of hugelkultur and what I’m hoping to do a little of this year.
Page 1 of 59